Permanent Full Time Opportunity
35 hour week with a variable day off each month
Salary from $62,439.52p.a. to $72,430.28p.a. plus superannuation
- Love the Southern Highlands
- Great team environment
- 35 hours
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, a comfortable 1.5 hours south-west of Sydney - Wingecarribee Shire Council is working to create and nurture a vibrant & diverse community in harmony with the region's urban, agricultural & natural environments. With four distinct and stunning seasons combined with glorious countryside rich in biodiversity and appeal, it's an enviable lifestyle location
About the Role:
The position's role is to coordinate long term strategic direction of Council's cemeteries, to manage customer activities, enquiries and use of Council's cemeteries, to provide new infrastructure as required and to liaise with maintenance teams to ensure cemetery presentation meets customer expectations.
To apply for this position, you will need to address the following criteria in your application.
1. You must hold a Diploma in Frontline Management/Land Management and/or relevant land management experience.
2. Have WH&S awareness and the knowledge to implement safety procedures.
3. Hold a current NSW Drivers Licence (Class MR)
4. Have knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of GIS to map and maintain council's cemetery assets.
5. Have awareness of approved burial methods, materials, approved construction/maintenance standards/procedures.
6. Have sound communication (both written and verbal) skills.
7. Have the ability to make decisions, negotiate and problem solve.
8. Have excellent customer service and consultation skills.
Although not essential, applications will be highly considered if they contain the following:-
1. Demonstrated experience in construction, maintenance, repair and rehabilitation of cemetery assets.
2. Ability to read and understand land titles, drawings/maps.
3. Demonstrated high level experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including access database, Word, Excel, Outlook, Finance 1 and PowerPoint.
- Focus on Health and Well Being with flexible working conditions.
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program (EAP).
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume and a statement addressing the Selection Criteria. Applicants not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Shaun Robinson, Manager Assets on (02) 4868 0888.
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received by 6th October 2022.
Click here to download the Position Description.