Permanent Full Time Opportunity
38-hour week. 9 day fortnight
Salary from $51,654.72 to $59,919.60 p.a. plus superannuation
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, 1.5 hours south-west of Sydney -
Wingecarribee Shire Council is working to create and nurture a vibrant & diverse community in harmony with the region's urban, agricultural & natural environments.
About the Role:
The infrastructure branch is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Councils assets and infrastructure. The role of Plant Operator works in small specialist or project tams involve in operations of roads, maintenance and construction.
This position includes working across different work or project teams as business needs require and involves working under direct supervision assisting in a variety of routine manual labouring and skilled tasks.
1. Demonstrated experience in construction and/or maintenance (roads and drainage).
2. Demonstrated practical experience in the operation of a range of plant and machinery relevant to the field.
3. Knowledge and demonstrated experience in manual labouring roles across a variety of projects in construction and
4. Demonstrated ability to follow instructions within a team environment, and to communicate effectively with internal
and external customers.
5. Practical understanding of Workplace Health and Safety, awareness of environmental impacts, legislation and
6. Current WHS Construction Induction White Card.
7. Current Medium Rigid (MR) Drivers Licence.
- Opportunities for education, training and career pathways within WSC
- Dynamic team culture that is supportive, diverse and inclusive
- Free parking and close to public transport
- Corporate discounts for gym and pool membership
- Reward & Recognition and Wellness programs
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume and a brief cover letter.
Applicants not addressing the essential criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Greg Bray on 0408 634 062
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received by 4th October 2022. Applications will be progressively reviewed prior to the closing date.