- Newly created position
- Exceptional leadership opportunity
- Deliver Council’s vision for the community
Cumberland City Council is located 20 kilometres west from the CBD, the LGA is heavily urbanised with major rail and road infrastructure, has an exciting multi-cultural population, and a strong manufacturing base. Despite its urbanisation, the LGA is home to CBD’s and Town Centres, premier sporting fields such as the award-winning Eric Tweedale Stadium, Auburn Botanic Gardens and Central Gardens as well as bushland, parks and reserves.
A recent restructure highlights a focus on service delivery to the community along with improved internal efficiencies. The newly created role of Executive Manager Assets, Capital and Facilities will support these new initiatives.
Reporting to the Director City Services, you will work as part of an Executive Management team leading the directorate in the successful management and delivery of services for the Cumberland Community. You will work collaboratively across the organisation to:
· build, lead and inspire a committed team;
· develop and deliver a strategic plan for all Council’s assets;
· deliver Council’s agreed capital works programs including major projects;
· ensure Council’s recreational facilities and function centres are fit-for-purpose and deliver great community outcomes; and
· effectively manage Council’s buildings, depot services and fleet.
With relevant tertiary qualifications and deep experience in leading complex service delivery, you will have a track record in innovative and agile leadership gained at a senior level. You will have delivered effective infrastructure projects including roads, drainage, building and recreational facilities. Candidates will have exceptional communications skills, astute political judgement, strong solutions focus and sound financial acumen. The ability to develop and nurture effective stakeholder relationships internally and externally is essential as is the ability balance competing community and Council priorities.
For further information, or to obtain an Information Pack, please contact Judith Carpenter on 02 9558 5102, or send a confidential resume to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 10th October, 2022