- Focus on customer-centric outcomes
- Lead a talented multi-disciplined team
- Continue the delivery of an approved and funded Digital Strategy
Wingecarribee Shire Council is seeking a Chief Information Officer (CIO) to lead, inspire and manage Councils Customer and Digital Experience services which includes ICT, Corporate Applications, Records, ePlanning and Customer Experience functions.
Located in Southern Highlands approximately 110kms from Sydney, the area which Wingecarribee Shire Council serves is a diverse local community, with a mixture of both urban and rural areas. Stretching 2,600sq kms, with a growing population of over 50,000 residents. The Council is responsible for all normal council functions as well as being the local water and sewer authority.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is committed to a positive, flexible, and supportive workplace culture, where its people and customers feel respected and valued. To this end Wingecarribee Shire Council is seeking a CIO to lead, inspire and manage Councils continued digital transformation, focusing on better outcomes for Council and its community. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, outcomes focused individual to be part of a modern, dynamic organisation that serves the community well.
About the role
As Chief Information Officer, you will be leading a team of talented professionals to ensure Wingecarribee Shire Council's digital transformation continues whilst remaining responsive, compliant, and operating to a high standard.
This is a fantastic opportunity to in short, to continue to transform council's customer and digital services. You will be leading significant transformational change in terms of organisational capability whilst at the same time developing your own leadership skills.
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for the following:
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the Council can gain competitive advantage
- Implement a Customer First approach to both internal and external Customer Service.
- Developing and overseeing the Information Services budget
- Continue the delivery of Council Technology One CIA program
- Building IT capability and driving improvements in end user experience, cyber security, IT project delivery and technology ownership
- Contributing to broader Council leadership
- Developing IT policies, procedures, and best practices
- Articulating to Council and executives the benefits and risks of new customer and digital related projects
This is opportunity will suit someone who is keen on taking an active approach to customer and digital operations and continuation of the digital roadmap and transformation strategy. Key to your success will be the ability to build strong working relationships with other senior leaders whilst integrating customer and digital experience with the rest of the council, including alignment to overall council strategy.
With a proven background in local government, in addition to understanding and delivering great IT systems and customer experience, you will bring with you highly developed interpersonal skills and be well versed in responding to operational requirements whilst balancing the longer term strategic and operational objectives.
Benefits and Culture
When your work/life balance is in the right place then you work better and work happier. That's why Wingecarribee Shire Council offer flexible work arrangements that include the following:
- 4-week variable day off cycle
- Work from home flexibility
- 15 days sick leave each year
- Gym membership discounts
- Leaseback vehicle option
An attractive remuneration package is offered as would be expected of such a leadership position. The position is a full time, 35 hour a week role.
This is fabulous opportunity for an ambitious leader.
For further information about the opportunity please contact Carmel Foster, Director Corporate Strategy and Resourcing on 0408 206 684.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Closing Date: 4th October 2022