- Undertake a diverse range of inspections to ensure regulatory compliance
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Commencing salary $81,907 - $96,240 + superannuation + leaseback vehicle
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
You will be working in a high performing team recently awarded the Environmental Health Australia (NSW) team of the year 2021. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive training plan to ensure you are set up for success. If you are looking for a supportive team culture, mentorship and ongoing professional development, this is the role for you.
About the Role
In this dynamic role, you will be a highly motivated and driven individual that can undertake a diverse range of inspections and deliver education to ensure regulatory compliance.
The primary duties of the role include:
- Investigating customer requests associated to public health and pollution incidents
- Completing routine compliance assessments at regulated premises, such as retail food premises, cooling towers, hair and beauty salons, skin penetration premises and public swimming pools
- Providing sound technical advice to internal and external stakeholders including the assessment and review of acoustic and contamination reports relating to proposed development matters
- Developing and implementing environmental health and education related projects
- Undertaking proactive surveillance of sediment and erosion control measures on construction and building sites and performing environmental audits to ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with suitable experience, seeking to further develop their career as an Environmental Health professional.
Current students or recent graduates of the Environmental Health or similar degree are encouraged to apply.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in an environmental health field
- Sound working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Experience carrying out routine compliance assessments of food premises, hair and beauty salons, skin penetration premises, public swimming pools and cooling towers
- Experience investigating concerns about public health risks, pollution incidents and similar issues
- Ability to assess environmental health risks and take appropriate action, including the use of compliance and enforcement options to rectify issues.
- Demonstrated experience assessing development applications related to environmental health
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills
- Current driver's license
- Covid-19 vaccinated
Annual commencing salary offered for the successful applicant is Grade 10, ranging from $81,907 - $96,240 + superannuation dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Leaseback vehicle included with the role
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available after initial training period
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks for full time employees
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Long service leave after 5 years
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Sunday 9 October 2022 at 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Antonija Tomic on 0421 788 686 for a confidential discussion.
Previous applicants need not apply
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety