Division: City Services
Unit: City Infrastructure & Traffic Operations (CITO)
Section: Public Domain
Salary: AUD $111,408.00 - $126,614.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030-2050 Continuing the Vision – developing a green, global and connected city.
The City is undergoing major change with the unprecedented redevelopment in the CBD, State Significant Infrastructure projects and several urban renewal areas. This includes the redevelopment of existing public domain, construction of new roads, footways, drainage, water sensitive urban design, lighting and associated infrastructure by developers.
We are seeking two experienced, highly motivated and results-driven Senior Engineer - Public Domain to oversee the development assessment and construction of these public infrastructure improvements to ensure that new assets delivered in the City are of the highest quality.
The role will involve a balance of office and site-based work and will include:
- review, negotiation and approval of submissions for small and large-scale public domain, civil and infrastructure works
- review of construction works against approved plans to ensure compliance
- ability to think on your feet to identify and solve problems
- working with colleagues and external parties to ensure public domain outcomes meet the City's and the community's expectations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as civil or stormwater engineering, or equivalent relevant experience
- exceptional interpersonal and conflict management skills
- demonstrated time management skills and can routinely meet tight deadlines, and deal with conflicting priorities
- highly developed attention to detail, with clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
The City of Sydney has mandated vaccination for all employees. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11.59pm, Tuesday 4 October 2022.
For further information contact: Emma Thorburn, Area Manager Public Domain on 02 9265 9890.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).