We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.THE OPPORTUNITY
In this diverse role you will have the opportunity to provide efficient and accurate administrative support to the diverse branches that make up the Infrastructure Division. You will assist in leading, planning and coordinating all centralised administrative tasks to ensure the effective operation of Division.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently process and allocate works requests;
- Demonstrated ability to collect data from relevant sources and enter into databases, filing systems etc;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain spreadsheets and databases; and
- Demonstrated ability to process customer requests.
- Certificate III in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Highly developed organisational, written and oral communication skills, administrative and customer service skills (to internal and external customers).
- Advanced proficiency in business related computer software (Microsoft Office Applications) and electronic document management systems.
You are a highly organised administration professional who thrives in working in a progressive environment. You will have excellent time management skills, highly developed communication skills, advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Software and high levels of attention to detail. Additionally, you will have the ability to create and maintain relationships with a varied number of stakeholders.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program.
DRC also offers a variety of flexible working arrangements, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop Computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary: $60,848-$70,715 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Tuesday 4 October 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Executive Officer Infrastructure - 6801 4812HOW TO APPLY
- Please fill out the questions in the application page below.
- You can save your application and return to it later by clicking on the 'save for later' button. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to retrieve your saved application.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)