As our Utilities Engineer, you will be responsible for the planning, design and execution of works and services associated with the Shire’s operations including water supply and treatment systems, water reticulation networks, sewerage systems, stormwater systems, waste operations and other Council activities.
With new water treatment plants being scheduled for construction, the Utilities Engineer will be key in ensuring that all the requirements are being met during construction.
While the role is primarily based in Wilcannia, the position will be required to work across the Central Darling Shire Council region.
Utilising your executive level administrative skills and capabilities, you will also bring with you:
· Degree in Civil Engineering or other such qualification, resulting in admission to Membership of the Institution of Engineers, Australia. Applicants without a Degree but with extensive works management experience in the operations of Water Treatment Plants will be considered for this position.
· Experience in the management and/or design experience in roads, water, sewerage and waste infrastructure.
· Experience in budget development, estimating, cost control and general financial management.
· Excellent literacy, numeracy, verbal and negotiation skills.
· Leadership experience that ensures the effective utilisation of human, plant and financial resources.
· A high level of written and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively and in harmony with other people.
· High level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office suite, Autocad, Assets and GIS systems.
· Sound working knowledge of the Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Salary – commencing $4,093.60 per fortnight plus superannuation and award allowances. Partially subsided housing within Wilcannia and a vehicle will be available for this position
For further information, and to obtain a Position Description, please contact Evelyn Pollard, HR Officer, on (08) 8083 8900 or alternatively download the information from Council’s website at www.centraldarling.nsw.gov.au
All Applications must be submitted in writing and addressed to:
The General Manager, Central Darling Shire Council
PO Box 165, WILCANNIA NSW 2836
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 4pm Wednesday 28 September 2022.
Central Darling Shire is embarking on a culture of change that enables us to deliver our services to our community. We may be small in workforce size, however we are large in geographical size.
Being the largest Shire in NSW and the smallest population, our region covers an area about the size of the main island of Tasmania and yet has a population of less than 2,000 people. The Shire is extremely diverse with four main communities – Wilcannia, Menindee, Ivanhoe and White Cliffs.
Please Note: Only applicants who have the right to work in Australia and address the selection criteria will be considered for interview.