Salary Range: $1,164 - $1,328 per 35 hour week + superannuation
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway, a short drive from Tamworth, Mudgee and Dubbo, and just over 3 hours from Newcastle, making Warrumbungle Shire a great place to live and work. Covering an area of more than 12,000km², and with a population of nearly 10,000, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas in Central West NSW, home to the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo, Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran.
With a rich history and stunning landscapes including spectacular mountain ranges, waterfalls, ancient sandstone caves, gorges, and beautiful plains, our scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
This position is located in the beautiful town of Coonabarabran, known as the Astronomy Capital of Australia, which is midway between Melbourne and Brisbane and is known for its magnificent landscape and stunning night skies. The town has medical services, excellent schools, a variety of sporting and social clubs and a thriving tourism industry. With the nearby Warrumbungle National Park, which is also Australia’s first Dark Sky Park, there is plenty to do and explore whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation.
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. The guiding principles of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion form the spirit of the team along with respect, transparency, passion, trust and opportunity is how Warrumbungle Shire Council strengthens its working environment to deliver on the aspirations of our community. We are an EEO Employer with a commitment to our staff and our vision is Excellence in Local Government.
Benefits of working for Council
Council are committed to creating a positive working environment and offer a range of benefits for staff, including
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Monthly RDO
- Support for training and professional development
- Salary Packaging options to maximise your take-home pay
The Visitor Information Centre (VIC) Coordinator oversees the daily operations of the Level 1 Accredited Coonabarabran Visitor Information Centre. This role ensures that our Visitor Information Centre provides friendly, caring, helpful, cost effective and operationally efficient Visitor Information Services to residents and visitors to Warrumbungle Shire and actively promotes the many attractions, places of interest, accommodation, events and tourist related activities that Warrumbungle Shire has to offer.
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements
- Certificate IV in Tourism Administration or other relevant field (such as Business)
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and ability to advocate and promote Warrumbungle Region to visitors
- Good computer skills, including experience in Microsoft Office, various software programs, and social media platforms
- Experience in retail, cash handling, and merchandising
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory skills including rostering and supporting staff and volunteers
- High level of oral communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff and community
- Excellent personal presentation
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tourism in Warrumbungle Region, including attractions, local operators, events and services
- Experience in web publishing
Applicants should note that Criminal History Checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
Applications close at 11.00 pm Sunday 2 October 2022.
For enquiries, please contact Human Resources on 6849 2000.