Permanent Full Time Opportunity
35-hour week 19-day 4-week cycle
Salary from $95,981.60 to $111,338.75 p.a. plus superannuation
Leaseback Vehicle Available
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, 1.5 hours south-west of Sydney -
Wingecarribee Shire Council is working to create and nurture a vibrant & diverse community in harmony with the region's urban, agricultural & natural environments.
About the Role:
In your role as the Senior Civil Designer, your responsiblities are to manage the investigation, design, drafting, cost estimation, environmental assessment and all pre-construction planning of local government infrastructure projects in accordance with relevant drafting, engineering and environmental legislation, standards, guidelines and policies (local, state and national).
The primary objective of this position is to finalise detailed design and cost estimates, ideally up to 2 years ahead of construction
1. Degree qualification in Civil Engineering (or relevant qualification related to the position) and eligibility for Associate Membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia. Have a minimum of seven (7) years relevant practical experience in roads and drainage design.
2. Competent in completing road and traffic facility designs to RMS and AUSTROADS guidelines; stormwater drainage analysis, designs and drafting to AR&R 2016; use of Civilcad Magnet, AutoCAD 2016 including the road reconstruction and intersection design modules.
3. Knowledge of Water Sensitive Urban Design Principles.
4. Demonstrated ability to undertake minor field surveys using automatic level and Total Station equipment.
5. Experience in the use of Stormwater Drainage analysis and design packages such as DRAINS, RAFTS, HECRAS.
6. Experience in minor structural and architectural designs and drafting.
7. An understanding of road construction and maintenance techniques.
8. Knowledge and experience of managing Risk and applying Workplace Health and Safety using safe systems of work.
9. Demonstrated high level skills in investigation/analysis, reporting and excellent oral and written presentation skills.
10. The proven ability to develop and foster practical and beneficial relationships to provide excellence in both internal
and external customer service. Ability to work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively in a team environment.
11.Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing environmental assessments and management plans and practical knowledge of Local Government Act and Roads Act.
12. Current Class C Drivers Licence
Opportunities for education, training and career pathways within WSC
Dynamis team culture that is supportive, diverse and inclusive
Free car parking and close to public transport
Corporate discounts for gym and pool membership
Reward & recognotion and Wellness program
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume and a brief cover letter. Applicants not addressing the essential criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Tim Wadling on 0407 403 423
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received by 9th October 2022. Applications will be progressively reviewed prior to the closing date.