Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
This role will lead, manage and contribute to the professional performance of Gilgandra Shire’s Infrastructure Services section by being responsible for the coordination, resourcing and managing the construction, maintenance and/or repair of roads in both the urban and rural areas of the shire for both local and state owned items of infrastructure.
- Degree in Civil Engineering and/or equivalent relevant work experience
- Current Driver Licence
- Possession of a WH&S Construction Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Experience in estimating costs for civil works, particularly relating to roads and drainage
- Previous experience with managing civil work relating to classified, local rural and urban roads, including associated drainage aspects
- Previous experience in contract management, including tender preparation, evaluation and contract administration.
- Previous experience with staff management, including the ability to lead, guide and monitor team performance
- Strong program and project management abilities, including managing multiple and competing budgets, schedules and resourcing
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to WHS, quality standards and environmental issues
- Sound organisational skills with ability to manage own workload in an environment with competing work priorities
- Ability to write detailed reports relating to one or a number of civil items or work or projects
- Sound interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with the public, internal stakeholders and staff at all levels
- Ability to prepare for and conduct meetings and lead group discussions
- Good understanding of computers having the ability to use Microsoft software programs such as Word and Excel, communicate with emails and submit progress claims and acquittals via funding portals
- Possess the personal drive to complete tasks without the necessity of adhering to standard work hours
- Previous experience in the delivery of Roads Maintenance Council Contracts (RMCC) for TfNSW
- Possession of Prepare Work Zone Traffic Management Plan accreditation
- Have the ability to use minor survey equipment
- Have the ability to read, understand and implement the requirement of various construction plans and specifications
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience with training, coaching and supervising construction and/or maintenance staff and contractors
- Demonstrated experience with the responsibility for multiple teams and projects
- Experience and understanding or demonstrated willingness to become familiar with the principles of asset management
- Knowledge of the recognised local government long term financial planning management practices, procedures and processes
Salary: $2225.29 - $2670.33 per week
Enquiries: Director Infrastructure, Mr Daryl Colwell, or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.