Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
The Projects Officer/Contracts Administrator will play a key role in the Projects Team with the planning and delivery of projects to achieve the strategic outcomes of the capital works program.
A key component of the role is to provide sound Contract Management, including various administrative functions, on a number of complex building projects, to achieve contractual obligations in addition to ensuring the delivery of quality, well-constructed products within time and budget constraints.
- Tertiary qualifications in Contract Management, Construction Management, Project Management, building/construction or related areas and/or equivalent work related experience
- Ability to read, understand and implement the requirement of various construction drawings, details and specifications
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety responsibilities practices in the workplace.
- Possess a Construction White/Blue Card (or the ability to acquire prior to commencement).
- Possess personal drive, a willingness to help others and a successful track record of working within a team environment across a number of disciplines.
- Possess a genuine desire to see projects delivered to improve the livability of the community
- Possession of a current Class C Driver Licence
- Sound administration skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Contract Administration or Construction Management or related role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Australian Standards Contracts including AS4000 and AS2124, as well as other contracts such as the ABIC Simple Works Contract and the ABIC Major Works Contract
- Ability to prepare and conduct meetings and lead group discussions, including preparation of meeting minutes.
- Ability to use CAD programs in the design of projects
- Possess a good understanding of and general knowledge of the operational requirements of Councils in regards to water, sewer, urban streets and roads, stormwater, traffic facilities and the like in the urban areas
Salary: $1449.90 - $1739.84 / week
Closing date: 9:00am, 26 September 2022
Enquiries: Projects Manager, Mr Bishal Pandit, or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume and copies of your qualifications. Council will only accept applications submitted online.
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.