Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
The role of the Business Improvement Manager is to work collaboratively across Council to develop, deliver, support, and review Council’s Information Communications Technology (ICT) capability to ensure services provided meet the needs and expectations of the organisation. The role is responsible for identifying and delivering strategies and initiatives that facilitate and integrate innovative ways for Council’s information and software solutions to be used to deliver outstanding customer experience and business improvement.
- Tertiary qualification in Business Systems or Information Technology, and/or substantial industry experience
- Substantial knowledge and demonstrated experience in Business Systems development and delivery
- Demonstrated experience in project management and project team leadership
- Strong focus on Change Management practices for ICT and Business Systems
- Customer focused with the ability to understand the business needs, objectives and constraints of clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current Driver Licence
- Familiar with project risk management methods and techniques
- Local Government knowledge and experience
- Experience in vendor management, contract negotiation and service level agreements
- Knowledge and understanding of ICT supporting infrastructure
- Experience using Relational Database Management Tools, SQL including using Crystal Reports, Microsoft software packages, database administration, web development and technologies
- Possess enthusiasm towards transformational change and continuous improvement
Salary: $1927.02 - $2312.51 per week
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 26 September 2022
Enquiries: General Manager, Mr David Neeves, or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Criminal Record Check
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification