Salary from: $89,687.52- $104,037.96 plus superannuation (depending on skills and experience)
Up to six month contract is on offer with the possibility of extension
We are working towards a bright future!
Wingecarribee Shire Council is situated in the magnificent Southern Highlands with a balance of pristine natural scenery and rich diversity of lifestyle choices from its historic past to modern amenities all at your doorstep. With access to top educational facilities, first-class health services, numerous sporting facilities, a vibrant arts/ cultural/ tourism community, and attractions and events, it's a great place to live and work.
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join the team on a temporary contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to continue your compliance career with the support of a professional and collaborative team.
* To adhere to requirements contained in relevant legislation, standards, and codes of practice when undertaking tasks/activities and to advise their Supervisor/Coordinator if they become aware of any changes to these.
* Investigate and resolve customer requests/complaints and attend to requests for information from the community, consultants, and other stakeholders regarding a range of planning, development and environmental-related matters either in isolation or as part of a project specific compliance program. Project the image of the Council as being efficient, and customer focused.
* Negotiate acceptable, planning, development and environmental outcomes consistent with Council requirements and community expectations.
* Provide expert advice on development compliance issues to members of the public, other members of the unit and other sections of Council.
* Act as an effective liaison officer between Council and the Community.
* Assist with proactive audits to ensure appropriate standards of environmental management and development compliance are being observed
* qualification in relevant field or experience in town planning or regulatory enforcement or compliance audits and ability to demonstrate an understanding and ability to interact with these disciplines
* Ability to read, interpret and measure compliance with issued development consents, construction plans, and associated documentation.
* Proven experience in communication to a wide range of audiences, ability to negotiate outcomes and seek compliance using a variety of regulatory tools including notices, orders, penalties, and court proceedings.
* Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining accuracy and professionalism in all business dealings.
* Demonstrated experience in Microsoft operating suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Demonstrated ability to use Electronic Data Management Systems such as Tech 1 ECM, Tech 1 Property and Rating, computer based information systems and customer request management systems.
* Minimum Class C New South Wales Driver's Licence and Workplace Health and Safety Construction Induction Card (White Card) or ability to obtain.
What's in it for you?
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
* Variable Day Off
* Hybrid workplace - potential to work from home up to 2 days per week
* Discounted gym membership
* Generous personal leave provisions (E.g. Long Service Leave after 5 years' of continuous service, Health & Well-being Days, Study Leave)
* High quality training and development opportunities
How to apply
Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria as stated within the position description that demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
Applications close: 21 September 2022
Further information can be obtained by contacting Simon Grierson on 02 4868 888
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position
Click here to download the Position Description.