Senior Library Services Officer
Multiple Opportunities - Permanent Full Time
Salary: $75,417 up to $84,957 per annum plus superannuation
(Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment Number: 22138
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the position:
Wollongong City Libraries (WCL) is a dynamic service of Wollongong City Council. Our seven Libraries play a core role in delivering on Council's commitment to creating a community that is informed, engaged, creative and connected.
Senior Library Services Officers support the creation of an Extraordinary Wollongong by contributing to the design and delivery of high-quality programs and services. They are responsible for delivering a range of customer-focussed programs and activities that facilitate literacy, lifelong learning, creativity and inclusion, including adult, children's and youth programs.
These roles are responsible for implementing Library policies and procedures and promoting inclusion and belonging for our diverse community. They play a senior role within their team, delivering excellent customer service, assisting the Service Team Leaders and assuming team leadership during their short-term absences as required.
There are three opportunities available:
- Corrimal Library - 35 hours per week
- Thirroul Library - 35 hours per week
- Wollongong Library - 35 hours per week
In your application, please ensure you clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
While initially based at one of the above library locations, you may be required to work at any of the seven libraries across the Wollongong Local Government Area, dependent on operational requirements.
Under Part 2, Section 6 of the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012, this position has been designated as requiring a paid NSW Working With Children Check. Applicants are required to provide a NSW Working with Children Check application/clearance reference number to their application.
What's in it for you?
This is a genuine opportunity for you to use and expand your skills and experience by contributing to creating a community that is informed, engaged, creative and connected. You will broaden your understanding of the role Local Government plays in our community.
We are values-led, support and encourage personal and professional growth, recognise and reward performance and embrace change. We provide generous leave provisions, are committed to safety (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support our staff to be at their best.
Click 'Apply' now to be redirected to our E Recruitment site.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 22 August 2022.
· Contact Shareyne Blissett Coordinator Library Operations on (02) 4227 8204 for questions related to the job
· Questions related to submitting your application online or our recruitment process, please contact the Attraction + Retention Team on (02) 4227 7065.
- We encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability or gender identity. People with disability are encouraged to reach out so they can be supported in recruitment processes and in the workplace, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job.
- Wollongong Council adheres to the principles of a child safe organisation
- We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
- Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.