THE POSITION: Council is seeking a suitably qualified engineering professional to undertake the role of Development Engineer within Council’s City Development and Compliance Group.
The role primarily involves the assessment of development applications and construction certificates in relation to drainage, flooding and traffic matters in accordance with Council’s policies and standards.
Other responsibilities include the assessment of engineering construction certificates, providing engineering advice to the general public and in pre-lodgement meetings and subdivision engineering and design matters.
The role requires a broad range of professional engineering skills with relevant experience in drainage, subdivision and engineering assessment matters within the development assessment framework including the ability to manage and resolve engineering matters as they arise.
ESSENTIAL: To be considered for this role, you must have ;
- A Degree in Civil Engineering
- Eligibility for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Good communication and report writing skills, computer skills and
- Valid driver's licence
- Experience in a wide range of civil engineering and sub-disciplines such as road construction, geotechnical, road design, traffic management, subdivision, drainage and flood mitigation
- Experience in land use planning, development control and environmental impact assessment
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6, salary range is $85,565.00 p.a. with progression to $94,448.00 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $100,228.00 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available
- A mobile telephone is provided
- A motor vehicle benefit is available
FURTHER CONTACT: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Mr Antonio Inzitari on 9725 0748 or a position description is available on Council’s website.
CLOSING DATE: 4.30pm, Friday 19 August ‘22.
HOW TO APPLY: To view the full position description and to apply online, please visit Council’s website at www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/jobs Applications should address the essential knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience identified in the full job description. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council.All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER