The role of Traffic & Transport Coordinator, a permanent full time position, is available within the Built Systems Division at Fairfield City Council.
The position is responsible for managing the traffic, transport and road safety issues on Council’s road network. The applicant should have an appropriate qualification with developed report writing skills, the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and to represent Council capably to developers, consultants, other government agencies and the general public. The role provides advice and recommendations on traffic management proposals, development applications and road safety initiatives.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and the provision of quality customer service.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Well-developed written, communication and research skills to prepare concise and accurate reports and prepare grant submissions
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and to represent Council capably to developers, consultants, other government agencies and the general public
- Experience managing and developing a small team
- Ability to use SIDRA software package and interpret the outcome
- Experience in assessing development applications
- New South Wales Drivers Licence Class C (Car)
- Postgraduate Local Government Engineering/Management
- Postgraduate traffic and/or transport and/or road safety
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- Flexible working hours are available
- A mobile telephone is provide
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Burak Turgutoglu on 9725-0388 or a position description is available by contacting Dusanka Klickovic on 9725-0252.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 28 August 2022 at 11:59pm
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated and provide proof (vaccination certificate presented).
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process. Previous applicants need not apply.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER