Permanent Full Time Opportunity
38 hour week with a 9 Day Fortnight
Salary from $57,441.269 p.a. to $66,632.28 p.a. plus superannuation
- Love the Southern Highlands
- Great team environment
- 38 hours week
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, 1.5 hours south-west of Sydney - Wingecarribee Shire Council is working to create and nurture a vibrant & diverse community in harmony with the region's urban, agricultural & natural environments.
About the Role:
This role is responsible for assisting in the supervision of the operations of the Wingecarribee Animal Shelter, with an emphasis on animal care and facilitating the re-claiming or responsible re-homing of impounded companion animals.
Specifically, this role is responsible for assisting in the supervision of the operations of the Wingecarribee Animal Shelter, with an emphasis on animal care and facilitating the re-claiming or responsible re-homing of impounded companion animals. The role will require you to work every second weekend.
1. Minimum of Certificate II qualification in Companion Animal Services and or demonstrated strong animal welfare knowledge.
2. Knowledge and skills in the use of computer applications including email, Microsoft Office suite and other work-related systems.
3. Leadership skills including ability to initiate change, inspire and motivate, continuously improve services and achieve results.
4. Demonstrated ability to provide team members with fair and consistent feedback and apply coaching and mentoring skills to enhance individual and team performance.
5. Monitoring and reporting skills along with excellent attention to detail.
6. Exceptional customer service skills, to ensure customer needs are a primary focus.
7. Ability to assist with the development and operational implementation of consistent programs and initiatives to improve animal welfare outcomes and overall service delivery.
8. Ability to work every second weekend.
9. Current NSW Drivers Licence essential
- Competitive salary
- Focus on Health and Well Being with flexible working conditions.
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- Access to our free, confidential employee assistance program (EAP).
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume and a brief cover letter. Applicants not addressing the essential criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Vanessa Montgomery, Team Leader Shelter Operations on (02) 4868 0888.
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council's COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received by 14 August 2022. Applications will be progressively reviewed prior to the closing date.
Click here to download the Position Description.