As Building Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for undertaking site inspections, investigations involving unauthorised building works, and technical and administrative tasks associated with building compliance. The role requires previous experience in a regulatory building environment, together with knowledge of the Building Act 2016, the National Construction Code and relevant building standards. The capacity to hold a licence as a Building Services Provider to perform the statutory functions of a Permit Authority is essential.
The role is full-time with a salary in the range of $79,963 to $88,350 per annum, plus 12.5% employer superannuation contribution. For more information please contact Andy D’Crus, Coordinator Building and Plumbing on 03 6211 8200.
How to Apply: The Information Package for this role is available at Current Vacancies | (kingborough.tas.gov.au). To ensure your application is considered, you must provide a current resume and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Applications can be submitted online through the Employment Portal on Council’s website. Applications close at 4pm on Monday 11 July 2022.
To be considered for this role, you must address the following selection criteria in your application:
1. Relevant experience in a regulatory building environment with demonstrated ability to understand the Building Act 2016 (Tas) and National Construction Code.
2. Sound knowledge of the Building Act 2016 (Tas), associated regulations, Codes, Australian Standards and contemporary building issues and techniques.
3. Ability to formulate sound and decisive technical recommendations and a good understanding of the development assessment process.
4. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills along with sound computer skills using Microsoft applications and relevant local government software.
5. Competent organisational skills and demonstrated capacity to manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines.
6. The ability to work effectively as part of a small professional team.
Licences and Qualifications
7. The ability to be granted and to maintain a licence issued by the Consumer Building and Occupational Services as a Building Services Provider to perform the statutory functions of a Permit Authority under the Building Act 2016 (Tas).
8. Diploma of Building Surveying and Certificate Level IV in Statutory Investigations (or similar qualification).
9. White Card (Working Safely in the Construction Industry).
10. Current driver’s licence.
11. Knowledge of local government operations in a Permit Authority or Building Surveying environment.