SALARY: $26.36 - $30.11 ph + Super + loading
Work Type: Permanent part- time - Saturday and Sunday 8am - 3pm
- Health program including free flu vaccinations, skin checks and health and wellbeing leave options
- Ample free parking
- Modern building with latest technology
- Join an organisation committed to offering and supporting professional career development
A great opportunity to join the Waste and City Presentation team in this newly created community service role. This role has been created to provide a safe and effective problem waste management service which contributes to the delivery of a healthy urban and natural environment for the community.
This role will assist with the daily weekend operations of Council's new Community Recycling Centre. Hour of work will be Saturday and Sunday 8am - 3pm.
Don’t miss out on being part of something great by joining an evolving, rapidly growing, adaptive and innovative organisation.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusive, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As the community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- Experience operating forklifts.
- Effective communication, problem solving and high level customer service skills.
- Experience following WHS policies and procedures.
- Experience in the operation of a community drop off facility.
- Experience handling hazardous waste.
- Understanding of heavy vehicle Chain of Responsibility laws.
To meet Council’s WHS requirements and in accordance with Council’s Covid-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication. If a medical contraindication certificate is provided, it will be assessed against a risk assessment and the decision of whether Council accepts the medical contraindication certificate, will be based on operational needs.
Further Information: Gavin Cahill, Coordinator Waste and City Presentation, 4654 7668
Closing Date for above position: 04/07/2022