Senior Corporate Support Officer
Permanent Full Time
Salary: $82,060 up to $92,441 per annum plus superannuation
(Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No. 22111
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the position:
This position contributes to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong by coordinating the corporate support and Council meeting requirements within the Governance and Risk Unit.
As the Senior Corporate Support Officer you will work with a small team of committed staff to deliver corporate support functions including the production of electronic agendas and business papers; outstanding levels of Councillor support; coordination of statutory reporting; and developing and maintaining corporate administration policies.
You will oversee the production of Council business papers and meeting minutes to ensure compliance with the Local Government Act 1993. In addition, you will coordinate a variety of tasks to support the Unit's objectives and requirements in relation to Councillor support, Councillor Briefings and maintaining various registers required by legislation and Council policy.
To be a success in this role you will:
- Be an energetic individual with experience leading teams to achieve great results
- Be able to deliver quality outcomes within established timeframes, with a proven capacity to support change initiatives
- Have outstanding communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of staff
- Be a champion of providing high-quality service to customers
What's in it for you?
- A genuine opportunity for you to use and expand your skills and experience
- An opportunity to broaden your understanding and contribute to the role Local Government plays in our community.
- A chance to learn and develop as part of an experienced and innovative Governance and Risk team
- A culture based on our values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- An environment that fosters personal and professional growth with opportunities for you to undertake study and career development
- We are an organisation that understands the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements, such as hybrid working and flextime
- We are an organisation that recognises and rewards performance and embraces change
- A safe working environment for all, including the provision of many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
Click 'apply' to be redirected to Council's e-recruitment page
Reach out to Michelle Martin, Governance and Risk Manager on (02) 4227 8675 for questions related to the job
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 4 July 2022.
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.