Division: People, Performance & Technology
Unit: Data & Information Management Services
Section: Data Services
Salary: AUD $128,681.00 - $144,200.00 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19-day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030-2050 Continuing the Vision – developing a green, global and connected city.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Data Engineer to join our Data & Information Management Services Unit.
This exciting and challenging role will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and managing / maintaining the City’s business intelligence and data infrastructure (technologies and platforms), including data marts and cubes, analytic data stores, and BI flow processing.
To be successful you will have:
- relevant Tertiary qualifications at degree level, and/or significant equivalent experience in business intelligence, data architecture and management
- developed solutions using Azure data services like Azure storage, pipeline, data flows, Synapse Analytics and event hub
- strong experience in programming BI solutions using SQL, T-SQL, SSAS, SSIS, Apache Spark languages like Python or Scala
- exposure to Java, Power shell, Azure DevOps
- intermediate or advanced level of knowledge of Microsoft Power BI and knowledge
- demonstrative experience in Datawarehouse and ETL solution design including batch and near-realtime processing and database performance tuning.
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger – delivering great things for our city’s dynamic future.
To apply: Visit www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/careers to view or download the position description. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a national criminal check and pre-employment health declaration.
The City of Sydney has mandated vaccination for all employees. The successful applicant will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11.59pm, Sunday 10 July 2022.
For further information contact: Steven Zhong, Manager Data Services on 02 9288 5853.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and value diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We encourage all applicants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, LGBTIQ and culturally diverse communities to join Council.
The City will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9265 9333 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email or phone).