The purpose of our Council is to make Kingborough a great place to live. An exciting opportunity is being offered for an innovative and experienced leader to join our management team as the Manager Environmental Services.
Reporting to the Director Environment, Development and Community, you will be responsible for leading Council’s environmental health, natural areas and biodiversity (NAB) and climate change programs and managing a department that is striving to ensure a healthy and resilient community, as well as an ecologically diverse environment for Kingborough. You will be a strong but empathetic and respectful people-leader, with a proven commitment to innovation, engagement and effective service delivery.
The role would suit a person who thrives on the significant challenges and opportunities presented to maintain and grow Kingborough Council’s already highly-respected environmental, ecosystems and climate change programs.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated, including the private use of a motor vehicle. The role is being offered on a full-time contract basis for a term of five years. For further information on this position, please contact Council’s General Manager, Gary Arnold, on 03 6211 8274.
How to apply: The Information Package for this role is available on Council's website www.kingborough.tas.gov.au
To ensure your application is considered, you MUST provide a current resume and written statement addressing the following selection criteria:
You will be a high achiever with:
- Tertiary qualifications in a field relevant to the management and responsibilities of the Department.
- A demonstrated ability to lead staff in a team environment and to manage the administration of a department dealing with large workloads of a complex nature.
- Significant relevant strategic and statutory experience that is relevant to the local government environmental services function, including the ability to exercise a broad range of delegations in a professional and responsible manner.
- High level knowledge of environmental health and environmental management legislation and government policies operating in Tasmania or ability to quickly build that knowledge.
- Proven capacity to analyse, articulate and contribute to strategic policy development and the implementation of effective change management initiatives.
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving ability with the capacity to solve complex and diverse issues in a timely and professional manner.
- High level communication and relationship management skills, including interpersonal, negotiation, advocacy, investigation and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to operate in a complex political environment.
- Competent computer skills in the use of Microsoft application packages.
- Qualifications and experience related to the delivery of statutory environmental health functions under the Public Health 1997 (Tas) and Food Act 2003 (Tas)
- Detailed understanding and practical working experience in climate change management and energy and greenhouse gas monitoring and management.
Applications must be submitted online through the Employment Portal on Council's website. Applications close at 4pm on Monday 11 July 2022.