THE POSITION: The Customer Service Officer is responsible for the provision of front desk and kiosk related duties to all Leisure Centre patrons. This includes general reception and customer service duties, including phone enquiries, cash handling, bookings for centre run programs, selling memberships and general administrative duties relating to the role. This role is best suited to someone who has a real passion for customer service, and loves to go above and beyond to create a positive and enthusiastic customer experience
- Experience in sale and promotion of goods and services and reception services.
- Experience working within a customer service environment and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with computerised point of sale systems and membership sales
- Experience in a leisure centre/hospitality environment
- Ability to apply initiative and problem solve on issues and implement an appropriate course of action
- Conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, diplomacy, confidentiality, as well such professional working behaviours such as honesty and motivation.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent Full Time position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 2, salary range is $56,382 p.a. with progression to $66,046 p.a. on demonstrated competencies, plus penalty rates for weekend work.
- A Uniform is provided
- Hours of Work: Between 5am to 11pm Monday to Sunday. However, commencing and finishing times will be flexible and depend on operational needs.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 3 July 2022 at 4.00pm.
Previous applicants within the last 12 months need not apply.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply online, visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available on Council’s website. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date.
Please note that this role requires mandatory vaccination against COVID-19 at Fairfield City Council. All applicants must be vaccinated (and provide proof - cited vaccination certificate).
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
For further information please contact Emma Dart on 9725 0336 or email@example.com
PO BOX 21 ALAN YOUNG
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER