Kingborough Council has an opportunity for a Senior Civil Designer to join its Engineering Services team. You will be responsible for undertaking complex engineering investigations, survey, design, and documentation for Council’s capital works programs.
To be considered for the role, you must have a civil engineering qualification as well as extensive experience in preparing drawings and estimates for project documentation. Experience in the use of design software such as AutoCAD, Civil Site Design and OpenRoads Designer is also essential.
The role is full-time with a salary in the range of $91,110 to $103,269 per annum. For more information, please contact Tony Bowden, Coordinator Civil Design on 03 6211 8200.
How to apply: The Information Package for this role is available on Council's website www.kingborough.tas.gov.au
To ensure your application is considered, you MUST provide a current resume and written statement addressing the following selection criteria:
- Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent suitable for Associate Membership to Engineers Australia.
- Extensive experience in design, estimating and project preparation for local authority works.
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil engineering design and construction standards and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation of civil design software, specifically AutoCAD, Civil Site Design and OpenRoads Designer.
- Ability to solve problems of a complex nature and undertake investigations and create design options.
- Competent negotiation and interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise and negotiate with a range of stakeholders including consultants, contractors, service providers, community members and Council clients/applicants.
Licences and Competencies
- Current driver’s licence.
- White Card (Working Safely in the Construction Industry)
- Traffic Control accreditation – control traffic with a stop/go bat and Implement a Traffic Management Plan or the ability to acquire this accreditation.
- Confined spaces entry accreditation or the ability to acquire this accreditation.
- Ability to provide coaching and support to other less experienced civil designers.
Applications must be submitted online through the Employment Portal on Council's website. Applications close at 4pm on Monday 27 June 2022.