The Burdekin is located just 70km south of Townsville, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. Famous for its abundant sunshine and rich agriculture, the shire’s most important asset is water. The Burdekin River combined with a massive underground aquifer and the Burdekin Falls Dam make the district drought resistant.
Council is seeking applications for a Water Services Leading hand to provide water services within the Water and Wastewater section.
The key responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, valves and hydrants in water, wastewater, irrigation and plumbing applications.
- Organise, give direction to and provide leadership to team members on work sites.
- Asset condition monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in the on-call roster.
- Attend after-hours callouts and emergency situations when rostered-on or as otherwise required.
- Customer interaction.
- Participate in meter reading when required.
The gross fortnightly wage for this position is $2,598.06 exclusive of applicable allowances and overtime.
Applications will remain open until the position is filled.
For further information visit Council’s website www.burdekin.qld.gov.au.