- Work with the Rates Manager in leading the team to achieve high level targets
- Employer of Choice 2021 | Hybrid working environment
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Rates and Revenue Officer to join the team at our North Ryde Office. With the support of the Rates Manager the successful candidate will be expected to deal with the day to day operation of the Rates and Revenue section. This will involve providing effective management and collection of debt while maintaining an appropriate customer and community focus in accordance with Council's policy, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in local government rating and knowledge of rating provisions in Local Government and related relevant Acts.
- Demonstrated experience with managing debtors with a thorough understanding of debt recovery proceedings.
- Experience in processing and reconciling supplementary valuations, accounting for changes according to legislated provisions to ensure compliance with permissible income requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of analytical skills with demonstrated experience in being a proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Covid-19 vaccinated
Your commencing annual salary will range from $88,050 to $98,288 + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Access to long service leave after 5 years & 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Free shuttle bus between North Ryde station and the office
- Annual performance review and Award increases
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Thursday 30 June 2022 @ 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Robert Hay on (02) 9952 8002 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety