We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of close to 55,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $220 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.
WE ARE DRC
Our focus is on delivering high quality services, strengthening our community engagement and strategic management capabilities, building an organisation based on performance and continuous improvement whilst creating a values based organisational culture and developing a professional and engaged team that delivers on our shared values; Progressive, Sustainable, One Team and Integrity.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population almost 55,000 and 5,143 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people in the Orana Region, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Ballina and Newcastle. Dubbo Regional Council is part of Wiradjuri Country and we acknowledge all clan groups that reside within the Dubbo and Wellington Wiradjuri Nation.
The Executive Officer is responsible for:
- Providing high level executive management support to the Director, with particular attention to timely responses surrounding key issues, opportunities and projects.
- Overseeing the development of quality reports and recommendations from the Division to the Executive Leadership Team and Council, including performance against adopted Community Strategic Plan and Corporate or Regional strategies.
- Exercising independent judgement and considerable initiative to provide a wide range of administrative support to the Director including correspondence, briefings, diary management and stakeholder engagement.
There are two positions available, one reporting to the Director Community, Culture & Places and one reporting to the Director Organisational Performance.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Address emergent and ongoing routine day to day issues in collaboration with the Director, enabling the Director a greater focus on key political, strategic and corporate issues.
- Provide the Director with accurate and efficient administrative services.
- Oversee the timely development of quality reports and recommendations from the Division to the Executive Leadership team and Council.
- Provide management administration support to divisional managers including correspondence and review of reports to Executive and Council.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Certificate IV or higher in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Highly developed organisational, written and verbal communication skills, administrative and time management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in business related computer software (Microsoft Office Applications) and electronic document management systems.
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks and projects and ability to resolve issues in a confidential and collaborative manner.
- A high degree of judgement and initiative with strong commitment to follow up issues until they are effectively resolved.
- Knowledge of WH&S and Risk Management principles and appropriate process management.
We are looking for a highly organised Administrative professional with exceptional communication skills. You will be confident in building and maintaining positive key internal and external stakeholder relationships and you will have the ability to exercise independent judgement.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Descriptions for the entire scope of the position requirements including the position criteria:
Salary: $77,595-$90,177 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9.00am on Monday 30 May 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact John Watts - 6801 4400
HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)