Wollongong is a vibrant, diverse city, situated on one of Australia's most picturesque coastlines. Regarded as Australia's most liveable regional city, Wollongong offers a relaxed, coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of a major city.
Wollongong City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
ANIMAL COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Permanent Full Time & Relief List
Salary up to $79,653 per annum plus superannuation
(Salary will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 22003
About the Role:
We are looking for people with excellent customer service skills who have an interest in animal handling (dogs, cats and livestock) to join our Animal Compliance team. In this role you will focus on community safety by monitoring and enforcing animal control activities across the Local Government Area. This includes educating and achieving compliance with the community when it comes to responsible pet ownership, animal control in public places including our foreshore and beaches and investigating more serious matters such as aggressive dogs and dog attacks.
We have a number of opportunities:
- One (1) Permanent Full-Time position working 35 hour per week, typically Monday to Friday. Work hours will vary with the season and operational requirements. You will also participate on an After Hours On Call Roster (allowance payable) and have access to a vehicle to and from home.
- Relief List to fill casual and temporary roles on an as-needs basis across a roster that includes weekends and public holidays.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- The positions require dynamic individuals who can demonstrate:
- An ability in handling animals, particularly aggressive dogs, cats and roaming livestock.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills including working with difficult customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and work with others.
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills.
Benefits of working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply:
Click 'Apply' to be re-directed to Council's E-Recruitment website.
For further information regarding this position contact Daniel Kennedy, Compliance and Regulation Coordinator on (02) 4227 7388.
Any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065.
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 31 January 2022