Division: Planning, Environment and Urban Services
Team: Waste Services
Employment Status: Casual
Hourly Range: $35.53p/h. + 25% Casual Loading.
Strathfield Council is seeking capable and motivated Casual Waste Drivers/Loaders to join our Waste Services Team.
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, half way between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Role
The purpose of the position is to operate any vehicle or plant involved or associated with the provision of waste management undertaking waste collection services, which includes but is not limited to garbage, recycling, garden organics, clean ups, dumps, bin repairs etc.
The major role for the position of Waste Driver / Loader is to:
- Provide an efficient and effective waste collection service to the residents and community in accordance with the collection service standards;
- Apply safe work practices in accordance with Council’s SOPS relating to refuse collection and the Work Health and Safety Act (WH&S) and environmental legislation.
For more details regarding the specific challenges and accountabilities of this position, please see the attached PD below.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a current NSW HR driver’s licence or higher;
- Have and maintain a good driving record;
- Have a school certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Understand and adhere to Safe Operating Procedures;
- Have and maintain a level of physical fitness sufficient to undertake the activities of this level;
- Generally know the Strathfield area including streets, suburbs and the boundaries of Strathfield Council;
- Have the ability to carry out both written and verbal instructions;
- Have basic reading, writing skill, comprehension and computer skills;
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment or individually under limited supervision;
- Have the ability to converse with Council staff and/or the public in a manner expected of Council’s Customer Service Practices
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications should address the Selection Criteria.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Natasha Schultz on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Wednesday 26th January 2022.