We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our Infrastructure Delivery team where you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of multiple civil engineering projects. In this role you will provide expert support in the planning, design, tendering, supervision, construction and successful completion of major projects across the Dubbo Regional local government area. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and provide timely support and advice to staff, contractors and customers.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Project manage, from start to finish, significant infrastructure projects for the benefit of our community.
- Provide expert advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the Road Maintenance Council Contract (RMCC) on Council's behalf.
- Work as part of an experienced and motivated team to achieve results.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline and demonstrated sound knowledge and experience in civil engineering project/contract delivery.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff demonstrating good teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project and contract management with the ability to organise and manage conflicting work priorities.
- Well-developed report writing and communication skills.
- Class C drivers licence and RMS Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan ticket.
You will be a motivated and proactive professional who has a keen eye for detail, and a high level of demonstrated communication and time management skills. You will be a team player who looks for positive ways to contribute to the team culture.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $84,957-$98,734 per annum plus superannuation and an Engineers allowance (If eligible) and motor vehicle leaseback
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 7 February 2022
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Senior Projects Officer - 6801 4834HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)