We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
In this role you will play an integral role in ensuring the efficient production and treatment of potable water to Australian Water Drinking Guidelines (ADWG); and the treatment and disposal of sewage to industry best practice and EPA Licence conditions. You will be responsible for the supervision of the treatment team in their daily roles, enabling the provision of a safe, quality water supply and sewerage services to the communities of Wellington, Geurie and Mumbil.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Maintain high quality water and waste water treatment and disposal operations as well as supervise the maintenance and operation of the sewerage treatment assets.
- Lead and motivate the team in their daily roles, ensuring the provision of high quality drinking water to the communities of Wellington and Geurie.
- Operate a computer based supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA/telemetry system, servicing sewerage systems.
- Certificate IV Water Operations (Treatment)
- Solid experience in supervision of water or sewage treatment plants including associated staff
- Demonstrates competency in computer operation and data entry
- Experience in telemetry operations
- Class C drivers licence
- Fluoride course and Chlorine gas handling certificate/training
You will be a motivated and proactive professional with demonstrated experience in Water and Sewerage systems. You will have well developed communication and time management skills. You will be a team player who looks for positive ways to contribute to the team culture.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
Dubbo Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet, but not address at this stage.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary $77,595-$90,177 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date 9:00am Monday 31 January 2022
Enquiries For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Water and Sewer Operations Specialist Treatment - 6801 4862HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)