- 2 Positions Available
- Enjoy an RDO every 3 weeks
- Keep Ryde's passive parks and streetscapes neat and tidy
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local council possessing natural landscapes, beautiful parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney CBD.
About the Role
The City of Ryde is seeking two (2) motivated, enthusiastic and safety conscious Labourers to join our Precinct Mowing Teams. Your day to day work will include operating ride-on mowers, using whipper-snippers and undertaking a variety of cleaning activities associated with the maintenance of local parks and amenities.
This is an interesting, busy role in a small team and will provide you with opportunities to build a long term future at the City at Ryde.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a horticultural and grounds maintenance environment
- High levels of competency in the use of horticultural and grounds maintenance related plant and equipment
- WHS General Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Adequate numeracy and literacy skills in order to fulfil the record keeping responsibilities of the role
- Self motivated with the ability to work effectively and with limited direct supervision
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
Your commencing salary will be in a range from $49,858 to $54,496 p.a. + Superannuation. Salary is dependent on relevant skills and experience.
Culture & Benefits
- Enjoy Council's rostered day off (RDO) scheme
- Uniform and relevant PPE provided
- Council provided ticket renewals and paid training as required for the position
- Health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, fitness passport, etc.)
- Career development opportunities
- Annual Award increases and performance reviews
- COVID-19 Vaccinated
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application system by answering the questions. You will also need to attach your resume. Please note, you do not need a password to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Jonathan Harris on (02) 9952 8160 between 7:30am and 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: Sunday 12 December 2021 at 11:30pm
Interviews will be held in January 2022.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety