Senior Transport and Traffic Planner/Engineer
Two Positions - Permanent and Temporary | Full Time
Salary package from $103,210 up to $125,250 per annum
inclusive of 10% Superannuation
A 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance may also apply
(salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No 21157
About the Position:
We are excited to offer a Senior Transport and Traffic Planner or Engineer an opportunity to join our multidisciplinary Traffic and Transport Unit. This unit is responsible for strategic and integrated traffic and transport planning, road user safety, infrastructure planning and delivery, participating on traffic and active transport committees, and providing specialist advice to internal and external customers. We have a strong customer focus and working collaboratively across agencies and in consultation with the Community to deliver our Community Strategic Plan.
In this role you will have a strong focus on multi-modal transport solutions including public, active and transport through infrastructure delivery and behavioural change. You will contribute to the team by delivering a variety of projects, including strategies, plans and scopes for capital works projects in the areas of active transport, traffic management and road safety.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
Ideally, you will:
- Be a degree-qualified Engineer or Planner with considerable experience in traffic and transport strategic planning and project management.
- A passion for delivering places for people and the supporting infrastructure and services to connect our community.
- Be a strategic thinker with proven capability for delivering outcomes.
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in interpreting and applying legislation, policies, procedures, and standards specific to transport planning.
- Be driven to provide high-quality service to customers and have the ability to lead, mentor and support staff.
- Have high-level research, analytical and problem-solving skills that inform decision making.
We have two full time vacancies - one is permanent and the other temporary for 12 months. We are a flexible employer and will consider flexible working arrangements if required. For the temporary placement, Council will also consider an arrangement such as an external secondment, provided that it is mutally benefical for both employers.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Benefits of Working at Council:
- We have a culture based on values of Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, One Team and Courage
- We support and encourage study and career development
- We foster personal and professional growth
- We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer flexible work arrangements
- We recognise and reward performance and embrace change
- We are committed to providing a safe working environment for all
- We provide many mental, physical and social wellbeing programs to support our staff to be the best that they can be
How to Apply:
Click 'Apply Now' and you will be taken to Councils E recruitment page.
For further information regarding this position please contact Nathan McBriarty, Traffic and Transport Unit Leader on (02) 4227 7798.
For any questions regarding submitting the application online please contact the Recruitment team on 4227 7065.
Applications close at 11.59 pm on Tuesday 14 December 2021
Please note that we anticipate that online interviews will be held on Monday 20 December 2021.
Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with public health orders e.g. potentially online interviews.
Applicants are required to undergo an employment screening process which includes Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.