- Temporary 12 month opportunity
- Supportive and collaborative team providing corporate information support
- Work/life balance + RDO every 3 weeks
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing beautiful natural landscapes, parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
The Information and Records Management (IRM) team is responsible for governance of Council information assets, providing advice, policy development, training and information and records management services.
About the Role
The work of an Information and Records Officer is fast paced and interesting. To succeed in this role, you will have exceptional customer service skills and ability to manage multiple tasks meeting agreed timelines. Skilled in records and information services, you will apply best practice processes for creation, digitisation, registration, managing digital, physical records and workflow.
As the first point of contact for internal customers, you provide support, advice and assistance in creation of records and information, championing the use of the corporate records management system (Content Manager). You will respond to requests for access to information, prepare and digitise documents, perform quality checks and assist with mail preparation to support business requirements.
Importantly, you will be an integral member of the IRM team, working collaboratively to ensure practices comply with policies and procedures to ensure information assets are created, managed, protected and accessible.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed team member, with experience in providing high standard information and records services. We will provide development opportunities through on the job learning and in-house training. You are experienced in managing digital and physical records in a high volume environment. Detail oriented, you have a passion for accuracy coupled with exceptional customer service skills. You have experience in supporting informal and open access requests for information under the GIPA Act.
In addition to the above, you will also have:
- Qualification in Recordkeeping (e.g. Certificate III) and/or demonstrated practical experience in records maintenance and administration (3 years minimum)
- Solid knowledge of recordkeeping processes for both digital and physical records
- Strong knowledge of electronic document and records management systems, TRIM/Content Manager experience will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in records management practices in Local or State Government
- Awareness and application of relevant legislation in a work context (e.g. State Records and information access under GIPA Act)
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, skilled in data entry, use of Microsoft applications and email systems
Your commencing salary will be within the range $58,333 to $62,708 p.a plus superannuation. (Note: Higher rates may be payable to candidates with specific skills/experience in this area).
Culture & Benefits
- Free shuttle service between our office and North Ryde Metro
- Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- Access to training, development, health & wellbeing initiatives
- Opportunity to join Fitness Passport
- Opportunity to join Social Club
- Join an experienced team of professionals
How to apply
Don't delay, apply today using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Joseph George on (02) 9952 8325 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 19 December at 11.30 pm
Interviews will be held in January 2022.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety