- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Enjoy a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Salary commencing from $95,575 - $109,911 + superannuation
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council possessing beautiful natural landscapes, parks and scenic waterways, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney.
About the Role
Are you a qualified town planner and a development application specialist looking for your next career move? The City of Ryde Council is looking for an energetic and motivated Senior Town Planner to join our Development Advisory Service team. Ryde is a city on the move with major commercial and residential developments underway in many parts of our area.
As a development advisory specialist, you will provide expert advice on development proposals and enquiries for both small and large scale projects from a diverse range of clients and stakeholders at our new Customer Service Centre facility located within the Top Ryde Shopping Centre.
You will manage the lodgement of local development applications & subdivisions certificates through the NSW Planning Portal as part of our clearing house meeting process and procedures. Further you will facilitate and attend both formal and informal pre DA meetings as well as Urban Design Review Panel (design Excellence) Panel meetings.
You will prepare and deliver presentations to Council as well as community, industry groups and forums on the relevant planning controls, approval process, changes to regulations, policies and similar.
Your blend of strong technical and excellent customer service skills will enable you to work collaboratively with a wide range of community clients and industry professionals.
If you enjoy being part of a front of house development assessment service and have experience preparing and/or assessing DA's this could be your next exciting career move.
- Degree level qualifications in town planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to converse confidently and professionally with a range of clients including members of the public
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of environmental standards, development control & urban planning
- Sound knowledge of Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
- Solid understanding of the development application process and experience in preparing and assessing development applications
- Covid-19 vaccinated
Your commencing annual salary will range from $95,575 - $109,911 + superannuation, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Accrue a rostered day off approximately every 3 weeks
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a Fitness Passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc)
How to Apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system. In addition to answering the on-line application questions shown below, you will need to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a separate cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Closing Date: Tuesday 7 December 2021 @ 11:30pm
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or contact Vince Galletto on (02) 9952 8233 for a confidential discussion.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety