- Attractive total remuneration package
- Fully maintained private use motor vehicle
- Challenging and rewarding career opportunity
Woollahra is an area steeped in natural beauty and heritage appealing to residents, businesses and visitors who enjoy its many parks, waterfront locations and historic buildings.
We are offering much more than just one of Sydney’s best harbourside locations; we are offering an opportunity to take part in the transformation of our organisation.
About the role
A rare career opportunity has arisen for a professional and qualified Manager to lead the Engineering Services department on a permanent full-time basis.
As part of the Infrastructure and Sustainability division, you will motivate and drive a dynamic team who oversee the key areas of Traffic & Transport, Asset Management and Stormwater Management for Woollahra Council.
Some of you key accountabilities will include:
- Manage the civil infrastructure assets of Council.
- Manage the delivery of traffic and transport planning and control services.
- Provide infrastructure development assessment advice.
- Provide advice on infrastructure, stormwater and transport issues to senior management and Council.
- Manage Council’s asset management systems and strategies.
We are looking to engage a professional who has all the skills and attributes necessary to deliver for our community. Your proven leadership experience and technical knowledge with the ability to engage the community and Councillors to meet objectives will ensure your success in this role.
You will be a high achiever with:
- A degree or post-graduate qualification in Civil Engineering.
- Extensive experience in managing one or more of the technical functional areas of the role.
- High level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively represent Council at internal and external meetings and to make public presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve high performance outcomes, strong coaching skills and the ability to develop team capabilities.
- Ability to deal constructively with complex and conflicting situations.
- High level experience in policy and strategy development and implementation.
- Experience in budget preparation and control and in the cost effective delivery of services to the community.
- Highly developed political awareness and acumen.
- Ability to engage in strategic, innovative thinking, with the skills to identify, develop and implement opportunities for improvement.
- High level interpersonal skills, including negotiation, facilitation, liaison and networking skills.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer experience.
- C class drivers licence.
How to apply
- Please click here to view the Information Pack, which includes further detailed information about this position.
- Apply online by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria. Please click here to view the position requirements.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Tom O’Hanlon, Director Infrastructure and Sustainability on 02 9391 7121 during business hours.
CLOSING DATE: 11:59pm Thursday, 9th December 2021
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.