We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
A unique and exciting opportunity exists for the right person to join our Infrastructure Strategy and Design branch and contribute to the design and development of Council’s civil infrastructure.
We work on extremely unique and exciting projects every day as we own and operate our infrastructure. As a Design Engineer, you could be designing infrastructure for Dubbo Regional and Wellington Airports, Dubbo Regional Livestock Markets, residential and industrial subdivisions, and significant urban and rural road upgrades.
The Design Engineer position is focused on the preparation of quality engineering concept plans, detailed design plans, computer modelling and documentation for civil engineering infrastructure.
This role will provide the successful applicant with the opportunities to investigate, prepare, develop and manage engineering designs using civil design programs including 12d, Microstation and XPStorm for projects such as rural and urban roads, water and sewer reticulation and stormwater drainage systems.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Take ownership of the preparation and delivery of civil engineering plans and/or computer models for the organisation to meet budget, strategic and operational requirements.
- Provide technical advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake concept designs for long term infrastructure planning.
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering, or demonstrated progression through a Bachelor of Civil Engineer, or extensive Civil Engineering design experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Design, Drafting and Microsoft Office software. (Council is currently using 12d, Microstation Connect, Autodesk Vehicle Tracking and XPStorm).
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Well-developed report writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
You will be an Engineering Professional who has a keen eye for detail, and developed skills in survey and design. Experience in Local Government will be viewed favourably. Recent engineering graduates are also encouraged to apply. A Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (or Environmental Engineering) and a demonstrated ability to use survey equipment including GNSS rovers, digital levels, Total Stations and Ground Penetrating Radar will be considered favourably, as well as extensive design experience in Local Government civil works.WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of the position requirements including the position criteria.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Job Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $84,957-$98,734 plus superannuation
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 29 November 2021
Enquiries: Manager Infrastructure Strategy and Design - 02 6801 4920HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)