Permanent full-time Opportunity!
Vehicle Lease Agreement
Salary from $94,099.20 to $109,155.28 per annum + 10% superannuation
We are looking forward… and seeing a bright future.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is situated in the magnificent Southern Highlands with a balance of pristine natural scenery and a rich diversity of lifestyle choices from its historic past to modern amenities all at your doorstep. With access to top educational facilities, first class health services, numerous sporting facilities, vibrant arts/cultural/tourism community, and attractions and events, it's a great place to live and work.
Under the guidance of a new General Manager and Executive team, Wingecarribee Shire Council is embarking on the implementation of a strategic organisational transformation to position the business to actively plan for and manage significant positive changes to its operations and culture, in addition to meeting and satisfying the expectations of our community.
We have an opportunity for a dedicated Coordinator Natural Resources who is passionate about mentoring and developing others to join our Environment and Sustainability Branch. This is a rewarding role for a committed individual to build their leadership career in Local Government and work with a team who supports our mission to create and nurture a vibrant and diverse community, growing and working in harmony with our urban, agriculture and natural environments.
About the role
Our employees are our greatest assets and we recognise your commitment to Council. You will be rewarded in joining an inclusive and collaborative workplace and team that is focused on ensuring your health and well-being is a priority. Additional benefits include:
- Above Award annual salary;
- A vehicle lease agreement;
- Discounted membership at Bluefit Health Centres;
- Flexible and family friendly work practices; and
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager Environment and Sustainability you will act with integrity, always think analytically when problem solving and strive to work collaboratively using engaging communication skills.
In addition, you will be highly committed to your responsibilities which include (but are not limited to):
- Leading and mentoring a team using collaborative, encouraging, inspiring and values-based behaviours that promote staff engagement through transparent communication and proactive management of performance expectations;
- Being decisive and methodical in your approach to determining the allocation of budgeted finance to projects and initiatives in the areas of environment levy Natural
Resources projects and doing so collaboratively with Management in order to meet the objectives of Business Plans; and
- Ensuring that internal controls are robust, mitigate risk, are focused on process improvement through the productive use of technology and provide accurate and timely
reports that are "fit for purpose"
If this sounds like you, then we would love to receive your application!
How to Apply
- Submit a Cover Letter
- Submit Resume
- Address the following Essential Selection Criteria demonstrating how your experience / qualifications meet the requirements.
Please note that applications NOT addressing each of the following Essential Selection Criteria will not be reviewed.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Degree qualification or higher in Natural Resource Management/Ecology/Environmental Science/Environmental Management or related discipline and/or extensive demonstrated experience in these fields.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large scale outcomes in the natural resource management.
- Proven extensive, innovative and collaborative style of management which develops and stimulates a high performing team.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, systems and frameworks which improve and sustain the organisation's and supports the Executive Management Team in achieving organisational goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in development and implementation of guidelines, policies and procedures in accordance with the relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service standards to align organisational service delivery with customer expectations.
- Demonstrated high level skills in investigation/analysis, reporting and excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the strategic application of GIS systems in the analysis and delivery of natural resource outcomes.
- The proven ability to develop and foster practical and beneficial relationships to provide excellence in both internal and external customer service.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing and implementing contemporary Community Engagement practices.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated Contractor engagement and contractor management experience.
- Current NSW Driver's licence.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Barry Arthur, Manager Environment and Sustainability, on 02 4868 0888.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Applications to be received by Sunday 31 October 2021
Click here to download the Position Description.