We are Dubbo Regional Council, a large regional Council servicing a growing community of over 50,000 people. With an operating expenditure budget of approximately $200 million, we have 600 team members working across a diverse range of areas including planning, infrastructure, community and cultural services, administration, economic development, corporate business and recreational services.WE ARE DRC
Our Employee Value Proposition was developed with input from our employees. Our employees expressed how they feel working at DRC, highlighting some of the reasons they think working with us is a positive experience and what makes them stay.
That is how We Are DRC was created.
Here at DRC we are:
The Dubbo Region outshines the big metropolitan cities in both affordability and liveability, with an impressive range of housing options, health and education services and little to no work commute – your quality of life is second to none. The real heart of New South Wales, our Region is a dynamic centre that offers the dual benefits of relaxation and space with the amenities of a major city. With a population of 51,429 and 4,500 registered businesses the Dubbo Region is consistently thriving. Key assets for the Region include a major hospital that services a broad catchment population of 120,000 people, as well as world class tourist attractions and impressive transport links including direct flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and Newcastle.THE OPPORTUNITY
The role reports to the Manager Economic Development and Marketing and will be responsible for the effective operational management of the Dubbo and Wellington Visitor Information Centres (VICs). The role leads the quality customer and stakeholder service and information management across a number of platforms to deliver economic benefits to the Local Government Area focused on visitor experience.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Engage with thousands of visitors to the Dubbo Region every year;
- Lead an engaged team of customer service professionals to showcase the Dubbo Region through Centres in Dubbo and Wellington;
- Showcase the best of the region through the management of operations of the Dubbo and Wellington Visitor Information Centre's, including building presentation, office equipment and security;
- Manage effective local and regional consignment program, including promotion of products to local and visitor markets as an independent and progressive employee of DRC and an active member of the Economic Development and Marketing Branch; and
- Ensure effective dissemination of new resident welcome kits, investor packs and visitor packs.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Diploma in Tourism, Business Administration, Marketing or related discipline or solid experience in business management or a senior customer service role;
- Experience in leading teams and inspiring staff to deliver effective and responsive service in a busy or complex environment including communicating with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to manage databases, collate data and produce accurate reports; and
- Demonstrated business management experience, including overseeing of administrative duties including purchasing, sales, banking and mailing.
You are a people person and passionate about tourism, visitor and customer experience in the whole Dubbo Region and providing a great welcome to our Region through quality information and resources. You have a mind for business and experience in managing a diverse team.
With excellent communication skills, you thrive on a fast paced, consumer driven environment and providing a high standard of customer service. Additionally, you have the ability to develop and maintain a high level of stakeholder relationships and understand business processes.
You are truly a team player, who continually shows positive leadership and looks for positive ways to influence team culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role in our diverse organisation, you will be offered a range of benefits, including 4 weeks annual leave, access to DRC fitness passport program, and wellbeing program. DRC also has a variety of Salary Packaging options available to staff including:
- Rainbow Cottage Childcare
- Professional Memberships
- Excess Long Service Leave to Superannuation
- Novated Vehicle Leasing
- Remote Area Housing Assistance
- Work Related Self Education Expenses
- Portable Notebook or Laptop computer
- Airline Lounge Memberships
- Disability/Income Protection Insurance
- Tools of Trade
Furthermore, DRC also offers flexible working conditions, learning and development opportunities, generous leave allowances and has an active Social Club.
DRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $77,595 - $90,177 per annum plus superannuation.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 1 November 2021
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Council's Manager Economic Development and Marketing - 02 6801 4120HOW TO APPLY
- Please Fill out the questions in the application page below.
- On the following page you'll have the opportunity to attach your resume.
- Please note that once you start to complete your online application, you cannot save it and return to it later. We would recommend that you create your answers in a separate document (e.g. word) then copy your answers into this page when you're ready.
- All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder.)