THE POSITION: Fairfield City Council’s Asset Management Division is looking for an experienced and solutions focussed building maintenance and contract administrator to join a dynamic team responsible for Councils $1.8 billion portfolio of public assets.
The individual will be accountable for administering, within a Quality Management Framework, Council’s centralised building regulatory compliance and maintenance programs for all Council owned/managed buildings, a portfolio currently valued at $345 million.
The right person for this role will be able to develop specifications for contracting maintenance services including security, air-conditioning and pest control. The role involves the effective administration of centralised maintenance/service contracts to meet Council building regulatory and security requirements.
The successful person will demonstrate administration and contract management skills and competencies to deliver the annual certification (AFSS) fire safety compliance and other regulatory registrations for all Council Buildings.
The role requires high-level customer service, communication and organisational skills for the efficient administration and scheduling of maintenance works in consultation with Business Operators and Councils service providers. This includes the day to day operation of Council’s main Administration Building.
If you are a hardworking contract manager with experience in building maintenance and regulatory service provision then this may be the role for you.
The right person will bring a commitment to Quality Management systems with initiative and skills to identify and implement business improvements. It is a position, which supports Councils full range of buildings and business operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Building Construction/Facilities Management/Public Administration and/or Building Trades TAFE qualifications (Clerk of Works) and/or relevant industry experience in building maintenance and contract administration
- Knowledge and experience in using relevant Australian Standards and the Building Code of Australia (BCA)
- Highly developed computing skills particularly in data base use, building management system monitoring (security/air conditioning/fire safety) systems
- Knowledge and experience to meet regulatory Annual Fire Safety Statement Compliance and Lodgement for buildings
- Knowledge and experience to manage physical locking and security systems
- Demonstrated efficient service administration including record management
- The ability to solve problems related to public building maintenance
- Experience working within a Quality Management System and Risk Management framework
- Experience in the specifying of services for Tender (approaches to market)
- Experience with Local Government
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 5, salary range is $ 76,109.00 p.a. with progression to $79,962.00 a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $ 89,153.00 p.a.
- Flexible working hours are available.
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position or a position description is available by contacting Desma Ryan on 9725 0390.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 8 November 2021 at 4.30pm
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 ALAN YOUNG PSM
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER