THE POSITION: Fairfield City Council’s Asset Management Division is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to lead the Building Asset Management Branch, working within a team responsible for Council’s 1.8 billion portfolio of public assets.
This person will be an effective communicator and facilitate positive solutions to building related matters. They will be responsible for the centralised programming of the maintenance and renewal of all Council owned buildings.
The current value of the building portfolio is $345 million with diverse service provision including Depot and Administration Buildings, Childcare, Commercial Buildings, Multi-Storey Car Parks, Emergency Services, Libraries, Sportsfield and Showground Amenity Buildings.
The role is responsible for the operation of Councils main Administration Building, providing the front line management for this portfolio. This includes the supervision of the Building Maintenance and Contracts Officer, who is responsible for ensuring the centralised regulatory compliance for all Council owned buildings.
The right person for this role will be an effective communicator, able to work closely with Building Business Operators. They are required to program cost efficiently the renewal works required in the longer term (10-15 years), schedule and identify the costs and resources for the works proposed as part of Council’s 4 year Delivery Program and annual works program (Operational Plan).
The Building Maintenance and Capital Works Programmer develops the Scopes of Work and specifications for Council’s Major Projects and Construction and Maintenance Division to deliver the annual Building Renewal Works Program. The successful person in this role must have an understanding of building operation and structural components to ensure that Council’s Asset Management System is updated as part of capitalising (building component level) and ensuring the operational handover of new and renewal works.
If you are a committed, hardworking building/construction professional with significant knowledge and/or industry experience then this may be the role for you.
It is an exciting role for the right person. The right person will be a conscientious leader who is self-motivated, has vision and can work autonomously, making high-level decisions relating to cost and scheduling of building works. This role is responsible for delivering high quality public buildings that provide service to the community, now and into the future.
- Demonstrated strong customer service focus, being conscientious and reliable
- Demonstrated experience in programming and costing building new/renewal works
- Strategic approach to the development of building renewal programs for public buildings
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience in the development of specifications for the preparation of Tender documents (i.e. building security and maintenance services)
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic team, meeting deadlines for service delivery
- Degree in Structural Engineering, Building Construction or equivalent TAFE qualification
- Extensive experience in building construction and maintenance or other relevant industry/local government experience in building asset management
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Demonstrated front line leadership or supervision of staff
- Experience and/or training Certificate IV Frontline Management
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Permanent position, 70 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 6; salary range is $83,887.00 p.a. with progression to $88,134.00 a. on demonstrated competencies, with performance progression to $98,263.00 p.a
- Flexible working hours are available
- A mobile Telephone is provided
- A motor vehicle benefit is available
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position or a position description is available by contacting Desma Ryan on 9725 0390.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 8 November 2021 at 4.30pm
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required in the Position Description. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense.
Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. As an inclusive workplace, we support reasonable workplace adjustment. If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia, and may be required to undertake a national police clearance as part of the recruitment process.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
PO BOX 21 ALAN YOUNG PSM
FAIRFIELD NSW 1860 CITY MANAGER