Division: Corporate and Financial Services
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time 35 hours per week with access to Flexi-Time System
Salary Range: Remuneration Agreement, Up to $145,000 p.a. + 10% Super
Strathfield Council is seeking an experienced and suitably qualified Executive Manager, Administration to join our Administration team on a full-time basis.
Strathfield is a vibrant and multicultural hub located within 15 kilometres of the CBD, in the Inner West of Sydney.
About the Opportunity
The main duties of this position are to:
- Provide effective leadership and management of a range of administrative service which support Council and its operations;
- Ensure a strategic, comprehensive and integrated approach is used for high performance service delivery of executive support services which are responsive to organisational and community needs;
- Establish unit goals and objectives, manage unit staff, budgets and work programs utilising leadership, evaluation and monitoring skills to facilitate achievement of strategic objectives;
- Ensure the various teams provide reliable, customer-focused, high quality, accurate and timely administrative information, services and advice to staff and management in a fluid environment;
- Ensure procedures are in place so that statutory and other reporting requirements are complied with and that administrative work procedures are recorded accurately and consistently in Council’s filing/records database.
For a full list of accountabilities for this position, please see the attached Position Description below.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management and/or relevant practical experience in a Management role;
- Proven ability to provide effective leadership and management, with experience in driving employee engagement, team performance and team development in a fast paced, dynamic and solution focused environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and co-ordinate resources to ensure that output from the administration team meets corporate goals, required standards and reporting deadlines;
- Experience in divisional planning and involvement in decision-making, at a senior level.
Applicants with demonstrated experience in working with community to achieve sustainability outcomes will be desired.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary for this position is a Remuneration Agreement up to $145,000 p.a. + 10% super, and negotiable based upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council’s Flexi-Time System;
- Engaging and rewarding work managing multiple teams;
- Eligible to source a leaseback vehicle with Council;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements and 10% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
If interested in this position, please apply through filling out your details below.
Applications must address the Selection Criteria listed in the position description as well as attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Melinda Aitkenhead on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Friday 29th October 2021.