Central Darling Shire is the largest Shire in NSW and yet has the smallest population. It covers an area about the size of the main island of Tasmania and yet has a population of less than 2,000 people. The Shire is extremely diverse with four main communities – Wilcannia, Menindee, Ivanhoe and White Cliffs. Each of these communities are different in their commerce, geography and Indigenous and European cultures.
Based in Ivanhoe, Council has an exciting opportunity to join us as a Water Treatment Plant Operator, where you will be responsible for operating and maintaining Ivanhoe’s Town Water Treatment Plant.
With a new water treatment plant being scheduled for construction, the Water Treatment Plant Operator will be key in ensuring that all the requirements are being met during construction.
We are prepared to provide the successful candidate training to obtain the required Certificate in Water Filtration, however it will be essential that you are able to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Demonstrated experience with solution fed systems
- Sound computer literacy, including the use of the Microsoft suite (eg Excel and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritise workloads
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve through identifying innovative solutions to issues as they arise
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated literacy ability to read instructions and complete time, plant and pay sheets legibly and accurately.
- Demonstrated ability to do basic arithmetic, including take and set out measurements in the metric system, and accurately calculate simple areas and volumes.
- Experience with operating plant, small-motorised mechanical equipment and the ability to quickly identify and rectify problems if required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work health and safety requirements as it relates to the position.
Central Darling Shire Grade 7 Entry Level - $2,375.40 per fortnight plus superannuation and award allowances.
For further information, and to obtain a Position Description, please contact Evelyn Pollard, HR Officer, on (08) 8083 8900 or alternatively download the information from Council’s website at www.centraldarling.nsw.gov.au
All Applications must be submitted in writing and addressed to:
The General Manager
Central Darling Shire Council
P.O Box 165
WILCANNIA NSW 2836
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 4pm Wednesday 27 October 2021.
Note: Only applicants who have the right to work in Australia and address the selection criteria will be considered for interview.
Previous applicants will be considered as part of this process.