Central Darling Shire is the largest Shire in NSW and yet has the smallest population. It covers an area about the size of the main island of Tasmania and yet has a population of less than 2,000 people. The Shire is extremely diverse with four main communities – Wilcannia, Menindee, Ivanhoe and White Cliffs. Each of these communities are different in their commerce, geography and Indigenous and European cultures.
Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Town Ganger to join our Ivanhoe team, where you will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing a small crew in the delivery of efficient services that project and promote a positive image of Council.
As a member of a small team, you will also required to contribute the provision of general labouring, plant operating and driving duties.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, co-ordinate and lead work crews in the delivery of work, including communication of instructions and work as provided by the Overseer and/or the Assistant Overseer.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide staff in a positive and constructive manner, including providing clear explanation of work required, expected behaviours and outputs.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with team members to identify appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge and information with team members and other staff.
- MR Drivers Licence.
- WorkCover certificates ‘OHS General Induction for Construction work in NSW’ (White Card).
- Demonstrated literacy ability to read instructions and complete time, plant and pay sheets legibly and accurately, along with inspection documentation as a result of road inspections carried out.
- Demonstrated ability to do basic arithmetic, including take and set out measurements in the metric system, and accurately calculate simple areas and volumes.
- Experience with operating heavy earthmoving plant, small-motorised mechanical equipment and the ability to identify and rectify problems if required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of work health and safety requirements as it relates to the position.
Central Darling Shire Grade 7 Entry Level - $2,375.40 per fortnight plus superannuation and Award allowances
For further information, and to obtain a Position Description, please contact Evelyn Pollard, HR Officer, on (08) 8083 8900 or alternatively download the information from Council’s website at www.centraldarling.nsw.gov.au
All Applications must be submitted in writing and addressed to:
The General Manager
Central Darling Shire Council
P.O Box 165
WILCANNIA NSW 2836
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 4pm Wednesday 27 October 2021.
Note: Only applicants who have the right to work in Australia and address the selection criteria will be considered for interview.
Previous applications will be considered as part of this process.