Department: Planning, Environment and Urban Services
Team: Environmental Services
Employment Status: Casual
Hourly Rate (includes casual loading and penalty rates)
Saturday: $53.49 per hour
Sunday: $68.77 per hour
The purpose of the position is to ensure the collection of ‘Be-Tidy’ Bins from streets, open spaces and civic areas throughout Council’s Municipality.
The position is also responsible for:
- Assisting team members in collecting and loading of a ‘Be-Tidy’ bin collection vehicle, as required;
- Assisting in and ensuring the clean-up of any material spilt during the collection process;
- Ensuring all bins are appropriately stored away after their collection;
- Observing the requirements of work health and safety and environmental legislation;
- Participating in on the job training;
- Carrying out any other duties as directed from time to time by the Team Leader.
This position is required between 5am to 9am for mostly Saturdays and will sometimes be required to work on Sundays.
The successful candidate will have:
- A current ‘HR’ Driver's License;
- The ability to carry out allocated duties in an safe and timely manner;
- Availability to perform collection duties at short notice;
- An understanding of and adherence to Safe Working Method Statements;
- A level of physical fitness sufficient to undertake the activities of this role;
- A solid working knowledge of the area including streets, suburbs and the open space areas of Strathfield Municipal Council;
- The ability to work in a team environment or individually under limited supervision;
- The ability to carry our both written and verbal instructions;
- The ability to converse with Council staff and/or the public in a manner expected of Council’s Customer Service Practices.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
If interested in this position, please apply through filling out your details below.
Applications must address the Selection Criteria listed in the position description as well as attach a Cover Letter and Resume.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Patrick Wong on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Wednesday 27th October 2021.