This exciting position will lead the review and monitoring of engineering design and the development of asset delivery and management plans for the Shell Cove project.
The Shell Cove Project is a major coastal master-planned residential, commercial and tourist development located within the Shellharbour Local Government area. The flagship centrepiece of the Project is The Waterfront Shell Cove – a man-made in-shore Harbour with its Shellharbour Marina, and surrounded by waterfront land precincts. This unique and high profile project is being delivered by Shellharbour City Council and Frasers Property Group (a tier one property development company).
The Waterfront is focused on a new vibrant town centre, boasting a large supermarket, tavern, retail shops, restaurants, food and beverage outlets, library/community centre/tourist office, town park, accommodation hotel, promenades and boardwalks hosting public art and play, and placemaking. Shellharbour Marina will be one of the largest in New South Wales.
Shellharbour City Council is committed to building a high performing and sustainable organisation to deliver outcomes for the community through leadership, collaboration and innovation. We are seeking dynamic, enthusiastic, skilled and experienced people to join us and be part of the Shell Cove Team.
About the role:
- Prepare, review and monitor all engineering related aspects of Council's current and future entrepreneurial and commercial projects relating to the Shell Cove Project.
- Ensure Shell Cove projects Comply with regulatory approvals.
- Develop and maintain contacts with industry professionals and government bodies.
- Monitoring and reporting on available capital budgets.
- Liaise with relevant sections within Council to ensure infrastructure outcomes are achieved.
- Keep the Executive Manager Shell Cove / Director Council Sustainability informed about progress on various aspects of Shell Cove projects.
- Keep the the Executive Manager Shell Cove / Director of Amenity and Assets informed on engineering technical aspects of the Shell Cove Project.
Shellharbour City, located in the Illawarra region, is just 80 minutes south of Sydney and is home to almost 76,000 people in a city that spans 154 square kilometres. It's an area of great natural beauty - stretching west from the picturesque coastline to rolling pastures, set against the majestic backdrop of the Illawarra escarpment.
Our dedication to be financially sustainable in an evolving environment, while striving for a great organisational culture and committing to employing staff who embrace our Core Values, has made Shellharbour City Council an employer of choice.
We have been recognised with a wealth of state and national awards in 2019 / 2020 including our 5 star Civic Centre building, Museum space and City Library. We were recently presented an AR Bluett Memorial Award for Most Progressive Metropolitan and Regional Council in NSW.
Shellharbour City Council offers a high performing and sustainable organisation to deliver outcomes for the community through leadership, collaboration and innovation. We have exciting, rewarding career opportunities and flexible working arrangements and work/life balance in a relaxed coastal lifestyle.
- Temporary full time position, 35 hours per week with access to flexi-time (Until December 2023)
- Commencing salary range from $89,271.52 - $98,563.40 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience) plus 10% superannuation
- Civil Liability Allowance may be offered
- Great organisational culture with a strong, values led and progressive team
- Access to local government benefits such as, three weeks sick leave per annum, Fitness Passport, Provident Fund activities etc.
For further information about the position, click here for the position description.
Contact: Wayde Peterson, Shell Cove Executive Manager on 0408 751 199
Closing date: Thursday 28th October 2021 at 11:30pm.
Complete the application below by answering the questions, describing how your skills and experience are relevant to the position.
Your Resume and qualifications can be attached on the NEXT page.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to this later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a word document and then COPY and PASTE into the fields below.
When you have submitted your application, an email confirmation will be sent to your nominated email address. Please ensure you have the correct email address and check your inbox (including your "junk" inbox).
For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria, please view our Guide To Applying.
Our core values of Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability represent who we are and what we expect of one another.
To work for us, you must be committed to role modelling our core values.
Shellharbour City Council is an equal opportunity employer.