Division: People, Place and Civic Services
Team: Open Spaces
Salary Range: $59,900 to $68,700 p.a. + 10% Super
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full–Time, 35 hours per week with access to a 4-day work week
We are a centrally located Council in Sydney’s inner-west, half way between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD.
Strathfield is home to a myriad of beautiful sports fields and open spaces which is showcased as the pride of the LGA.
About the Opportunity:
Strathfield Council is seeking a motivated Parks Team Leader to lead one of our parks team.
This role provides the opportunity to lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the general maintenance and presentation of Council’s parks and open space areas.
The role entails:
- Co-ordinate the conduct of routine tasks in relation to the Field Operations Team by allocating tasks and appropriate resources to deliver services to Council standard;
- Undertake and successfully complete applicable Council Management Plan Strategies within “Sustainable Environment”;
- Comply and maintain agreed service standards as per rostered maintenance programs;
- Manage the Horticulturalist to ensure work programs are completed in accordance with the management plan, operational plan and within the time and budget allocation;
- Maintain vehicles, plant, equipment and tools used for operational activities and have all that is needed for work ready to go for the next day at the end of each working day.
For a full list of accountabilities, please see our attached PD below
You will enjoy working outside in the fresh air amongst astonishing open spaces. You will feel a sense of reward from leading your own team in completing in their tasks which ensures our parks and open spaces are well-maintained for our communities’ appreciation.
You will have completed a minimum Certificate III in Horticulture and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience. You will have successful working experience in the supervision and leadership of small teams.
You will have experience and sound knowledge of natural resource principles and management practices.
You will have a current NSW Class MR Driver’s License.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $59,900 to $68,700 p.a. + Super, dependent upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council’s weekly Flexi-Day System;
- Rewarding, team-leader work where you can lead a team of multi-disciplined park’s staff;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements, and 10% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will have to address the Selection Criteria within the Position Description.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Robert Cranmer on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Tuesday 26th October 2021