Division: People, Place and Civic Services
Team: Open Spaces
Salary Range: $82,300 to $94,700 p.a. + 10% Super
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full–Time, 35 hours per week with access to a 4-day work week
We are a centrally located Council in Sydney’s inner-west, half way between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD.
Strathfield is home to a myriad of beautiful sports fields and open spaces which is showcased as the pride of the LGA.
About the Opportunity:
Strathfield Council is seeking dedicated and capable Open Space Coordinator to lead our team of open spaces and parks workers.
This role provides the opportunity to lead a multi-disciplinary team in charge of the maintenance and presentation of Council’s parks, bushland, open and civic space areas.
The role entails:
- Oversee the successful completion of open space maintenance program components/requests associated to community land ensuring these areas are: weed free, adequately watered, fertilised regularly, pruned, mulched, pest and disease free, mowed & edged to standard, safe and litter free, graffiti removed and vandalism repaired;
- Ensure fleet, plant and tools are maintained to support operational activities and be ready for each day at commence time, by having all equipment ready to go the day before;
- Ensure Council’s assets are maintained in accordance with relevant standards and policy;
- Ensure the maintenance of amenities as specified on the program;
- Co-ordinate activities by allocating tasks and appropriate resources to deliver services to Council’s standards;
- Supervise Parks Team Leaders and Horticulturalists.
For a full list of accountabilities, please see our attached PD below
You will enjoy working outside in the fresh air amongst astonishing open spaces. You will feel a sense of reward from managing multiple teams in order to complete their tasks which ensures our parks and open spaces are well-maintained for our communities’ appreciation.
You will have completed a minimum Certificate III in Horticulture and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience. You will have demonstrated knowledge and successful working experience in Open Space Management including natural areas, parks and sports fields and supervising a large team.
You will have a current NSW Class C or MR Driver’s Licence.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $82,300 to $94,700 p.a. + Super, dependent upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve a flexible, work-life balance with access to Council’s weekly Flexi-Day System;
- Exciting, Managerial work where you can lead a team of multi-disciplined park’s staff;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements, and 10% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will have to address the Selection Criteria within the Position Description.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Robert Cranmer on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Tuesday 26th October 2021