Division: People, Place and Civic Services
Team: Human Services
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Part-Time, 9 hours per week
Salary Range: $16,600 to $19,000 p.a. plus 10% super
Strathfield Council is seeking a motivated and customer focused Weekend Customer Service Supervisor to join Strathfield Library & Innovation Hub.
About the Opportunity
This opportunity will be responsible for:
- Provide high quality customer service through direct interactions and on the telephone;
- Maintain a sound knowledge and practice in the Library Management System to ensure good customer service;
- Maintain effective working relationship with team members and monitor and develop individual staff and team performance in responding to and providing services to a diverse range of customers;
- Lead, direct and supervise weekend customer service team to ensure staff are meeting expectations in delivering quality customer service and contributing to the positive image of Council;
- Solve operations problems as they occur and report to Customer Service Team Leader;
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times including during stressful situations, such as when dealing with a large number of customers at the same time or with difficult customers.
For a complete list of key accountabilities, please see Position Description attached below.
The successful candidate will have:
- Diploma in Library and Information Studies or equivalent;
- Experience in team leader or supervisory roles in a library;
- Experience in working with Library Management System and database use;
- Extensive experience in the delivery of quality customer service;
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Highly developed oral and interpersonal communication skills including cross cultural awareness and communication;
- Proven ability to lead an effective team and to develop individual team members;
- Demonstrated ability to implement Work Health and Safety policies and procedures, Cultural Diversity Principles and Equal Employment Opportunity;
- Valid Class C Driver’s License.
Salary and Conditions:
The salary range for this position is $16,600 to $19,000 per annum plus 10% super Dependent upon the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
This position also offers:
- The ability to achieve flexible, work-life balance;
- Employment benefits such as access to generous leave entitlements and 10% superannuation.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications should address the Selection Criteria.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Jack Britton on 02 9748 9999.
Please note that due to Child Protection laws in NSW, Council is required to conduct Working with Children Checks.
Applications Close at 10pm, Monday 25th October 2021.